Join us / Recruitment
HIGHGROUND IS RECRUITING!!
HORTICULTURAL THERAPIST – STANFORD HALL
Please see pdf for full job description. There is a brief description below.
Horticultural Therapist – Stanford Hall
We are recruiting for a Horticultural Therapist (HT) to start work at the new Defence National Rehabilitation Centre in October 2018 once Headley Court has closed and the late Duke of Westminster’s magnificent vision for 21st century rehabilitation finally becomes a reality.
Building on the work of HighGround’s first pathfinding Horticultural Therapist Carol Sales, the new HT will continue to provide the Horticultural Therapy service for injured service personnel by working in conjunction with DNRC’s Multi-Disciplinary Teams to carry a caseload of patients with a range of needs from complex, to minor problems across all the 3 patient groups.
The HT will be assisted by Andy Wright, HighGround’s Therapeutic Gardens Manager who will be responsible for the therapeutic environments at the DNRC which are provided for the delivery of Horticultural Therapy.
Andy will also manage a team of Gardening Volunteers (all expert gardeners) and will provide holiday cover for the HT, thus ensuring vital continuity of service for DNRC’s patients.
The successful postholder will need to demonstrate:
- A proven background and experience of delivering horticultural activities in a group setting
- Good time management and forward planning
- Confident communicating with, and instructing individuals and groups
- Able to communicate and build relationships with patients and staff from a wide range of social and academic backgrounds and with varying knowledge of horticulture
- A sound but not necessarily expert grasp of horticulture
- Respect for individual privacy and a good sense of humour
- Knowledge and skills of Health and Social Care to Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Horticultural Therapy
For more information and a full job spec, please contact Anna Baker Cresswell at any time on 07951 495 272 or email@example.com
See the first 4 years of HighGround’s Horticultural Therapy service at Headley Court here.
HighGround is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Gardening Volunteers at Stanford Hall
It is vital that the therapeutic environment where Horticultural Therapy is delivered to DNRC’s patients is kept in good horticultural order.
We are very fortunate at Headley Court to have a small team of excellent Gardening Volunteers, many of whom also volunteer at RHS Wisley.
We are looking for good gardeners who can spare one day a week or fortnight to join our team at Stanford Hall where we will be responsible for the therapeutic area from April 2018.
If you would like more information about becoming a Gardening Volunteer, please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
How To Apply
Please email Anna Baker Cresswell at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07951 495 272 to discuss any of the roles.