Measurement and Evaluation
As a recognised rehab integration, Horticultural Therapy is part of the holistic range of interventions available at DMRC Stanford Hall for injured serving personnel.
Professor Zoe Morrison conducts annual service evaluations in conjunction with the Occupational Therapists who refer their patients to Horticultural Therapy and we collect anecdotal evidence from patients at the end of each admission as part of their treatment plan.
We are grateful to everyone who is helping to build the evidence base for Horticultural Therapy as a treatment intervention for injured serving personnel.
- DownloadSocial prescribing: a 'natural' community-based solution.
British Journal of Community Nursing.
Authors: Michelle Howarth, Alistair Griffiths, Anna da Silva, Richard Green.
- DownloadThe Walled Garden at Headley Court.
Major Peter Le Feuvre
Please see pages 12 – 15.
- DownloadGardens and Health. Implications for policy and practice.
The Kings Fund.
Author: David Buck
Commissioned by the National Gardens Scheme.
- DownloadNature Engagement to Foster Resilience in Military Communities
Marianne E Krasny1, Katherine Hess Pace, Keith G Tidball, and Kenneth Helphand
- DownloadA review of nature-based interventions for mental health care
BRAGG, R., ATKINS, G. 2016. A review of nature-based interventions for mental health. Natural England Commissioned Reports, Number204.